Because Thursday’s child has far to go…
Back when we had a feeling that my husband was going to endure a period of unemployment as we transitioned from military life back to the civilian world, we began to prepare like squirrels putting acorns away for a long winter. As the time neared for him to take that final step back into the civilian world, we were far more frightened about the future than we had anticipated being. We had a million ‘what if’s’ running through our heads. We’d prepared but things weren’t going quite as we’d hoped. Our already tight belts were about to get tighter. We went over five months without seeing anything more than a small check from the unemployment office. (It’s a good thing we like rice and beans like we do because we sure did eat a lot of them!) What we held onto through that difficult and uncertain time was our faith. We had faith in what we were doing and in why. We had faith that it was going to be ok. And we held very tightly to our faith in God.
We’re on the eve of more changes in our lives and I find myself considering faith and how it sustains me. It is easy to have faith on mountain tops and harder to have faith in the valleys. But it’s important to keep on having faith. When the world is beating on you and you are tired and scared faith is what helps you through it.
Today I’m sharing a few quotes on faith. I went looking for them to be inspired and encouraged. I hope these quotes help to strengthen your resolve, as well, to have faith in the path you are on-whether it’s to simplify your life or to continue a new direction you’ve taken, or maybe it’s focusing more on the things that matter most or continuing to work hard kicking debt to the curb. Whatever it is you face today, I hope for you to have faith that your challenges will help you grow and that you will get through it. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Take heart. Have faith.
1. “Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.” — St Francis of Assisi
2. “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” –Hebrews 11:1(NIV)
3. “Faith is like radar that sees through the fog.” ~Corrie Ten Boom, Dutch Christian Holocaust survivor, Tramp for the Lord
4. “A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding.” –General Douglas MacArthur
5. “The smallest seed of faith is better than the largest fruit of happiness.” –Henry David Thoreau
6. “Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there.” –Author Unknown
7. “Faith begins where Reason sinks exhausted.” –Albert Pike
8. “Faith makes things possible, not easy.” –Author Unknown
9. “Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith makes one fine pillow.” — Philip Gulley
10. “Faith is believing that the outcome will be what it should be, no matter what it is.” –Colette Baron-Reid
All Comments are Worthy:
Do you have a favorite quote or saying on faith? Add it to my list in the comments!