Because Thursday’s child has far to go…
I am a homeschool mom and a perpetual student of life. I think, had I the resources to go along with my inclination, I would have been one of those strange birds that found themselves permanently glued to a university because I love learning. Luckily I have found that life, itself, in all of its’ intricate and extraordinary glory, is just as much a school campus as anywhere. While I feel I learned much while gaining an education in a formal setting, I’ve learned equally as much from life itself (mostly for free, save for the occasional “stupid tax” I’ve paid). In fact, plenty of the smartest people I know never had a formal education. Instead they had a curious mind and a love of learning. An education is a wonderful and valuable thing and I’m grateful for mine. But whether formally educated or not, it is important to have continual curiosity, along with an open mind and heart, to learn. Part of what my blog has been about is how much I have learned while facing some of the more challenging parts of my life and how I’ve managed to make lemons into some of the sweetest lemonade and how I’ve come to be a Rice and Beans kind of girl. I’m still learning to do this. It’s a continual work in progress. In the process of sharing my learning with you all, I am gifted in return with learning from you as readers when you email or comment. I am grateful. I love the conversation this blog allows us all to have. I find joy in how much we can learn from each other. Lifelong learning is part of what keeps us young, interested, and fascinated. I love the fact that I will run out long before all there is to learn runs out. I have no excuse to ever be bored when there is something more to learn-and because I am infinitely curious I am fairly certain I will have plenty to keep me occupied. So today, I am inspired to celebrate learning by sharing these wonderful quotes. I hope they inspire you to keep learning all along the way. Have a wonderful Thursday all!
1.“It is what we think we know already that often prevents us from learning.”~ Claude Bernard
2. “Life is a learning experience, only if you learn.” ~Yogi Berra
3. “Learning is not a spectator sport.” ~D. Blocher
4. “Man’s mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr
5. “If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way.” ~ Mark Twain
6. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” ~ Henry Ford
7. “I am still learning.” ~ Michelangelo
8. “I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.” ~ Natalie Portman
9. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Louisa May Alcott
10. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
All Comments are Worthy:
Which is your favorite? Do you have your own favorite quote or saying about learning not listed? Please share!